The Experimental Computing Laboratory (ExCL) was established in 2004 with the goal of providing application users and computer scientists with access to systems with leading edge architectures and software. ExCL is managed by the ORNL Future Technologies Group. ExCL researchers investigate architectures such as multi- and many-core processors, Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), Multi-Threaded Array Processors (MTAPs), and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). Most ExCL hardware is located in a large access-controlled server room in the JICS Building at ORNL (Building 5100), near the Future Technologies Group offices.
Open Compute Systems
- megatron.ftpn.ornl.gov: two eight-core Intel Xeon E5-2643s
- optimus.ftpn.ornl.gov: twin to megatron
- newark.ftpn.ornl.gov: two NVIDIA GPUs (one Fermi C2050 and one Kepler K40c), two quad-core Intel Xeon E5520s
- atlanta.ftpn.ornl.gov: two AMD GPUs (one Tahiti Radeon HD 7990 and one Cypress FirePro v8800), two quad-core Intel Xeon E5520s
- llano.ftpn.ornl.gov: AMD A8-3850 APU
- peking.ftpn.ornl.gov: two quad-core AMD Shanghai processors
- madrid.ftpn.ornl.gov: two quad-core AMD Barcelona processors
- Kold: Four HP s250 nodes with two Intel Xeon E5-2670s and NVIDIA GPUs
If you have problems or want to make a request for software to be in this shared software repository, please send a message to email@example.com.